Did you know that Microsoft has a tool to automatically create a bootable USB drive from which to install Windows? I didn’t until recently. I recently created a bootable USB just to see if it works. If you really don’t want to use this tool you can do it manually with diskpart by following any number of step by step posts, including this one which I like with pictures.
To use the Microsoft tool:
- Download the ISO file that contains the version of the operating system you wish to deploy.
- Insert your USB drive (at least 4GB in size)
- Install the Microsoft tool
- Open the tool
- Select the ISO, click next
- Choose the USB drive and select Begin copying
- It will prompt you if it needs to be erased
- Teh Ends! Super simple eh?